This Networx® Fiber Media Converter is classified as Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) which combine data transfer over a fiber link and providing power to a Powered Device (PD) over CAT5e/CAT6 UTP Cable (Maximum length of 100 meters.)
The Media Converter complies with IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.3AB Standards. It is designed to convert data signal between 10/100/1000Base-T and 1000Base-SX fast Ethernet. It supports 10/100/1000Base-T and 1000Base-SX applications. The data signal converted by such high performance media converter can be transmitted up to 550 meters maximum over multimode fiber.
The Converter is equipped with two fiber optic connector ports (One for transmitting-TX and another for receiving-RX) and one RJ-45 Jack and one external power supply receptacle. Six LED indicators are built-in for easy diagnosing and monitoring the status of power, Unshielded Twisted Paired (UTP) Link, UTP Activity, Fiber Link, Fiber Activity, Full duplex and data rates. It can be configured automatically for Full Duplex or Half Duplex operation.
- Data Rate (Mbps) - 10/100/1000 with Auto-Negotiation
- IEEE802.3at / IEEE802.3af PoE PSE compatible
- Power Output: PoE 48V DC, max 40 watts
- Over-Current Protection
- Mode - UTP Half or Full Duplex
- Optical wavelength - 850nm
- Fiber Type (micron) - Multi Mode 50/125, 62.5/125
- Connector Type - One UTP RJ45, Two LC Fiber
- Max Distance - 550 meters over 50/125, 220m over 62.5/125
- Power Supply - External AC-DC Power Adapter, US Standard
- Size - 95mm x 71mm x 26mm
- Optical Ouput Power - -10 to -4 dBm
- Receiving Sensitivity - -17 dBm
- Saturability - = -3 dBm
What are Fiber Optic Media Converters?