The KA7240 Console Module provides the means to access Matrix KVMs. It allows up to 900 feet separation between console and CPU module over CAT-5 (or better) cabling. When used with a KA7176 CPU module, the console supports audio and virtual media through the KVM to the attached servers. In addition to providing a connection to the Matrix switch, the KA7230 acts like a KVM in that you can connect your work station to the console port , leaving a single keyboard, mouse, and monitor on your desk to control both the servers attached to the KVM and your desktop workstation. Additional features of the KA7240 include the ability to use any combination of PS/2 or USB keyboard and mouse. A built in RS232 port allows an Administrator to monitor all logged on users and dynamically switch or deny a user access to a particular server or even access to the KVM itself. In a large server environment, this feature may be used to project the display on a screen to provide an over view and control of each logged on user.
- Auto Signal Compensation (ASC), no DIP switch setting needed for the different distances
- Keyboard and mouse emulation - keeps your server functioning smoothly when it is disconnected from the switch's KVM port or relocated to different KVM port
- Lifetime firmware upgrades
- Superior video quality - supports resolution of up to 1600 x 1200 within the distance of up to 50m
- Built in ASIC for greater reliability and compatibility
- CPU module designed with automatic conversion to allow for flexible interface combinations (PS/2, USB) to control all computer types (PC, Mac, Sun)
- Compact size