The Cable Prowler™ combines network testing (physical layer and link), cable verification & troubleshooting and PoE voltage testing in a handheld tester with a full-color display; all with the capability of saving and printing tests results from a personal computer.
Cable Verification & Troubleshooting:
The Cable Prowler provides full cable testing on any category network, coax, or telephone cable. It will display wire map, numbered ID remotes, and any faults, including shorts, opens, miswires, split pairs, and reverses, The full-featured Cable Prowler measures cable length (using TDR technology) and generates tone levels for signal tracing and cable identification on all pairs, a selected pair, or a selected pin.
PoE Voltage Testing:
The Cable Prowler enables quick identification of a network drops link capability and current link status. Cable Prowler also tests the presence of PoE on the network drop and what class of PoE per IEEE 802.3 af/at with load test for voltage drop. These network tests can also be saved for record keeping and printing.
Cable Prowler main unit
Coax and Network Remote Set: #1-5, F-Connector Coupler in foam holder
Network/Tel Testing and ID Remote #1
No-Fault Cables - Qty 2
Micro USB Cable
Quick Start Guide
- Displays length measurement for each pair in feet or meters using TDR technology
- Detects presence of PoE and class of PoE per IEEE 802.3af/at with load test for voltage drop
- Detects and reports current link speed and link capabilities for active Ethernet drops up to 1 Gbps
- Link light to identify location on a hub/switch/router port
- Tests Ethernet cable configuration and verifies connectivity while conducting tests for opens, shorts, miswires, split pairs, and reverses
- Generates selectable tones on selected pins for use with tone tracers
- Supports up to 8 testing & ID remotes for network & telephone cables
- Supports up to 20 network & coax ID – only mapping remotes
- Full color graphical wire-mapping
- View saved cable tests, define cable name, save/print ALL cable testing and network testing
- Multilingual (English, French, Spanish, German, Italian)