The UC4852 is the converter that transform the USB port to your computer into two asynchronous RS-422 or RS585 serial ports. This unit supports RS422/485 Auto Detect&Switch technology so when there is defined activity on the connected serial device, the convert automatically switches to the active serial port. Compatible with both USB specification 1.1 and 2.0, these device can transfer speeds up to 115.2Kbps. Because UC4852 operates with plug-and play ease(under Windows) or with the provided Linux driver via a USB port interface, it doesn't require any IRQ, DMA or I/O addressing resources. Embedded electrostatic surge protection, prevents damage to serial devices caused by air discharges as high as 15,000 volts.
- Connects USB computer port to external serial devices using a DB-9 Serial interface for RS-422 or RS-485 communication.
- Full compliance with the USB v1.1 and USNv2.0 specifications
- Max data transfer rate up to 115Kbps
- Compatible with Window 2000 through Vista as well as Linux 2.6x or higher
- Dual dat buffers for upstream and downstream data flow
- Support RS-485 auto RTS Signal Control technology
- Auto detect and switch technology
- Hot-Swap and plug-n-play supported
- Wake on line ans power management supported